Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Some great pics with Daddy





The famous adoption group photo in Guangzhou





Too cute pics with our Dad at Shamien Island




















Brian sent me some more photos that I wanted to share with each of you. These are from the trip to Shamien Island. The ones of Brian and the girls are so precious. Shamien Island is THE shopping area for tourists. Truthfully Brian is not much of a shopper so they spent most of the day talking to a family from Florida at Starbucks. He said the humidity was unbearable so they prefered the air conditioning. It is kind of funny how living in Colorado makes you dread the humidity. This from the man that grew up in NY...Anyways...Their time in Starbucks was well spent I would say..They spoke with a family from Florida that adopted a 13 year old boy...This family is so amazing that I have to share their story. They have 4 biological kids and 4 adopted kids from China and they plan on adopting more..How amazing is that....God placed this 13 year boy in their hearts and him having a family was all they cared about regardless of the obstacles they would face. They knew he had a limited time to be adopted so they contacted China and China agreed they would expedite everything on their end, but they feared that America would not be able to complete everything quick enough for him to be adopted in time. To ensure this happened the family contacted their local Senator and he expedited everything. They arrived in China two days before he turned 14. I am so happy for that boy, he came so close to aging out and never being able to feel the love of a family. It is one of those "A-Ha" moments when I am so in awe of who God is and how all things are possible through him.
Brian and the girls did meet up with the other families to eat. Apparently Jael ate a WHOLE FISH..that's right head and all...That's my girl! She really enjoyed all the attention she got from this. All the families had a few good laughs..She really is a hoot..center of attention just like her PO PO (that means Maternal Grandma or My Mom for those that dont know what Maternal means..just kidding)
What did I do while they were having so much fun...WellI spent the whole weekend cleaning and organizing the house. I know that the new addition is going to bring plenty of visitors to our house and I want to be ready. It is hard to believe that I still have so much to do before they come home. I really want to thank everyone that have been following along with this journey. Your comments and emails have been such an encouragement to us. So many people have reached out to me and I am sad that I have not been able to break away long enough to take you up on all the offers. Trust me this was my calm before the storm. I will definitely need a few girls nights once the family comes home so lets plan some fun stuff once the dust settles. Having the chance for Brian and I to get out once the girls are settled will be a blessing. It is hard to believe they will be getting on the airplane tomorrow and they will be home on Thursday night at 10pm MST...If anyone wants to come to the airport by all means let me know and I can get you the details, but I do understand it is late and people have to work the next day.

Just some more quick things on Aria..I forgot she wants to be Aria not Ting Li. She asks about Claire all the time and always wants to talk to her and Mommy! She rode a bike in China..Praise God! She all ready knows how to ride a bike and she made it a point to tell Brian how bad she wants a bike when she comes to America. She LOVES to write. She copies her English books in a notebook and then makes it a point to show me how well she is doing with her writing.
Well their last event was the Pearl River cruise..Soon enough our family will be reunited...




1 comment:

  1. Can you let us know your flight info? We would love to welcome Aria home!!

    Stacee Harbour

    ReplyDelete