Monday, July 4, 2011

Ting Li's new favorite song




Jael's IPod is filled with tons of music and Ting Li replays this song over and over again. Brian said it is so funny because she only knows, "One Day, One day" other than that she just hums along and actually carries the tune well. This just takes me back to when Jael would sing you are being loved. She barely knew the tune but just watching them figure it out was amazing...Although Ting Li is much more animated than Jael. She dances around kind of like he does in the video.


For those that havent seen Brian's facebook you have to check out the video of Ting Li swimming. Of course she is singing as she does it. Actually there isnt much she does without singing. She is quite the performer. I need to get Brian to record her singing her ABC's..You guys would love it.


She is counting down the days till she comes to America. She tells me everytime we talk how many days till she sees Mommy. It is so sweet! I am really scared though. Jael always needed Brian and Brian is quite independent himself. To finally have someone that is so dependent on you and needs you so much is scary. I equate it to a new baby dependent on their mother for everything. It feels that way this time and I am worried that I wont be able to meet all her needs. I guess this is how a new mother feels when her baby cries and she can't comfort them or the first time the baby falls and she feels like a terrible mother for letting them out of her sight for a minute. It is such a big responsibility being a mother. I didnt get to do all this with Jael since she would never let me in. It is only within the last few months that she has really let me in. I have been so dependent on Brian up until now and now it is my turn to step up. It's not that I didnt want to be involved its that as a mother you put your child's needs above your own. Jael needed Brian and had that instant connection with him. Every emotion and feeling Jael had for Brian, Ting Li now has about me. Jael's life was never going to be complete until she had a father and Ting Li always wanted a mother. These are some big shoes to fill. Please keep me in yor prayers as God uses me in Ting Li's life. I feel as though there is no greater responsibility than being a mother. And the part I am realizing through all this is that I need her just as much as she needs me..I needed this experience to be different than the last....Not better just different...



No comments:

Post a Comment