Friday, June 24, 2011

Saying Goodbye

This is Trisha blogging. I am sure that many of you were just like me... You woke up to see if there was a new post but there was not one. I will not be doing this everyday but I thought today was relevent since my family is probably tired from traveling or otherwise engaged in activities. After all that is what a family does they support one another when the other can't be there. For those that dont know I did not travel this time. We a made a decision as a family that it was better for me to take the time with the girls after they get back. I can honestly say that was one of the hardest decisions to make and even harder to live with. Like Jael says, "2 weeks is a long time." I am so proud of the both of them. I really am lucky to have such an amazing husband that is braving this journey all alone. He will have to do the work of 2 parents while he is there, but I know he will do great! I just wish he didn't have to. Then there's my beautiful Jael. She has grown up so much. I know how scared, nervous, and excited she is all at once to go back to China. Then to have all those emotions and not have your mother their too must be so hard for her. I know most of you think that Jael is and has always been Brian's girl, but you would be amazed at how things have balanced out . I am so proud of her for facing her fears head on. I know this will be a very emotional trip for her and I am praying for healing. So as my family brings home my baby, Ariah Ting Li Perna pray for them all. I know that I will be. I miss them so much and I can't wait to see them again. Who would have known when I started this blog that I would end up being the Perna's "Missing Piece" while they are in China. Although no matter where they are my heart is always with them. So as I get a bit emotional I hear Brian saying, "Trisha deal with what is..." So I look to God for strength to make it through the next 2 weeks without them, but I look forward to what he will teach me during this time as well...They will be in Shangahi first, and then on to Nanjing for the Gottcha Day....

2 comments:

  1. Praying for you Trish! Use this time to prepare yourself and your house for their return! Your time with the girls when they return will be sweet and worth the wait! Praying the 2 weeks go quickly for you! Treat yourself while they are gone and do some fun things for yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, I once was the one parent missing the trip to China. It's hard to stay at home, but it's great you will be able to spend a lot of time with your girls when they come home. We're praying for you and can't wait to meet Tingli!!

    ReplyDelete