Friday, June 24, 2011

We are Here

Remember how I said that yesterday would be the last time you heard from me....Well I was wrong. Brian is having a hard time getting on the blog in Shanghai. I gave him some suggestions to try so hopefully tomorrow. Otherwise he will be emailing me the videos and pictures to post from Denver. It's not really cheating as long as you get to see them, right? He may even send me a narrative to post from his email. Otherwise our family will talk on Skype and he will dictate to me what they want to say.

Here is the email that Brian sent me today:

We tried Skyping you yesterday, but I guess you were not up. Jael did good on the plane. I of course couldn't sleep, so we were both hurting pretty good when we got here. Jael laid on the bed at the hotel room and was pretty much out within minutes. I fell asleep shortly after that. Its now 3:20am and of course I cant sleep. This is a lot harder than I thought it would be. It was nice having you here last time. Not have any adult you can talk to is draining, plus the emotions are pretty much the same, added to the fact that knowing its all on me this time. I know that I will be fine as we get settled, but I'm quite sure that's why I couldn't sleep the whole way here. I tried to blog, but the sign it part of the page doesn't show up the screen. Maybe its just this hotel Internet. So hopefully it will go better in Nanjing. Otherwise, I might have to relay all the pictures and what happened for the day through you and you will have to updated the blog from Denver.

Hope all is well with you in Denver. Jaels Chinese has come back. She talked to the cab driver the whole way to the hotel, and he kept telling her how well she still spoke Chinese, so that was a nice confidence boost for her. Although she is adamant that I don't leave the hotel room without her. It seems that deep down she still might think that she could be left here. Sad.

Talk to you soon, we should be around here until lunch, when Patti is meeting us at the hotel. Then she is going to go to lunch with us and show us around Downtown Shanghai.

Love and miss you alot,

Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment